A pathway to celebrate improved student results!
In response to the growing need for data literate teachers and education leaders, TERC is pleased to offer an online opportunity for educators to learn about Using Data for Meaningful Classroom Change via our virtual professional development venue. This online course draws from TERC’s proven face-to-face professional development offerings—incorporating research-based, data-focused continuous improvement processes, tools, and practices.
Using Data for Meaningful Classroom Change provides teaching professionals with the strategies and tools needed to systematically evaluate and analyze student data and subsequently implement and monitor action plans in order to improve student performance.
- Participate as an individual or a team (team participation recommended)
- Self-selected start date
- Time commitment: The course is based on 50 hours of sustained engagement with opportunities for ongoing training and support.
- Activity mix: readings, best-practice video clips, case study models, online postings/reflections/interactions, field-based application/practice, development of action plans and effectiveness assessments using templates provided
For School or District Purchases
Districts seeking additional assistance in preparing school administrators to lead and support the use of data and/or implementation assistance (on site or virtual) to ensure the impact of data use on student growth, contact Using Data at 617 873-9639. Districts may also be eligible for group discounts for the online course.
- Certificates confirming 45 clock hours of professional development provided upon completion. Ask your district for prior approval to use courses for state license renewal requirements
- Approved for 1 graduate credit by Adams State College*
($304 to KDS and $55 for Credit to Adams State College)
- Approval for 3 graduate credits pending*
*Adams State College is accredited by Teacher Education Accreditation Council and the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.You will need to fill out and submit the Adams State University Online Registration Form upon successful completion of the program.