Overview and Objectives
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe professional development approaches that have been linked to quality math instruction
- Deepen their understanding of the aspects numeracy by engaging with examples of math instruction (video and dividing 1 3/4 ÷ 1/2).
- Become familiar with the changes to adult education curriculum proposed by the NCEE
- Propose steps they will take individually to strengthen numeracy teaching to adults
- Analyze the supports and constraints they may face as they take steps to change how they teach math to adults