We welcome 8th – 12th grade STEM teachers who want to engage their students in problem-based learning, doing STEM projects with the potential for real-world impact in mitigating climate change.
The I2M Challenges, structured to align with NGSS practices, can work in the following school contexts:
- As part or whole of your course elective
- As a final graduation or independent study project
- As a free-choice option in science club after school.
$4,000 1st Prize
$2,500 2nd Prize
$500 Critic Award
Share the Challenge
The following ideas won the previous round of the Innovate to Mitigate challenge:
- Using recycled tubing to focus sunlight and create biochar more efficiently
- Installing green roofs on the roofs of buses and cars
Go to innovatepilot.videohall.com to see their presentations!
Australian community pushing for solar thermal power
Port Augusta, Australia is working towards replacing their coal-fire power plant with a stand-alone solar thermal plant.
Six Foods has developed tortilla chips made out of crickets
This company has developed food made from insects that looks and tastes just like one of America's favorite snack foods.
New contract means wind-powered trains in the Netherlands
The Netherlands' largest train operator has signed a contract to power all of their trains off of wind energy by 2018.
Click images for more info!