October 4th: Team sign up deadline
October 25th: Abstracts due
October 28th-November 1st: Crowd discuss of abstracts on Facebook
November 15th: Submit revised abstracts
November 18th: Announcement of project ideas
November 18th- March 6th: Work on your Round 2 project
March 6th: Submission deadline for Round 2 project
March 16th- March 24th: Crowd discuss on Facebook
March 25th: Winners announced!
$4,000 1st Prize
$2,500 2nd Prize
$500 Crowd vote
$500 Critic Award
Share the Challenge
Student teams from around the world will submit their ideas about how to address climate change.
Here is what teams need to do to sign up before submitting abstracts:
- Teams should consist of 2-6 students that want to work together on this year-long project.
- Create a Facebook profile that all members of the group will have access to. This page will be used to discuss ideas with others and to vote on submissions.
- A teacher or a mentor who will help guide the group and communicate with TERC is important.
- Register the team #here# and make sure each student has a signed consent form. Parents and students must sign the form!
- The team mentor will attend 3 webinars that give further details about the Challenge.
Please email if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share The Challenge
The Innovate to Mitigate Challenge is open to all middle school and high school students in the U.S., so share the word. Visit our media toolkit page for posts that you can share on Facebook and Twitter.