- Library Journal - Meet Your Maker
- School Library Journal - The Maker Issue
- The Jewelry of Burning Man
- Artisan’s Asylum is an incubator for robots and the mad scientists who build them - Lifestyle - The Boston Globe
[click here to download PDF of article]
- A Maker Tale from Rob Masek, Artisan's Asylum.
A blog post from CAISE on making in informal science spaces, also lists relevant NSF projects.
- Here is the chat text and video from the wonderful FabLearn webinar on "reimagining and revisioning making and maker education" with Nettrice Gaskins, Amon Millner and Deb Chachra. It continues the discussion from Leah Bucheley's keynote from the 2013 Fab Learn conference, looking at how Vincent Harding's idea could be applied to bring more equity and pluralism to the definition of making and maker education: "We should not work for equal opportunity in a dehumanized world [of making] but work to create a new and informed humanity [through making and maker education].
It is moderated by Juliet Wanyiri (Foondi workshops in Kenya).
A blog post that includes some maker related resources:
- Making and Tinkering: a Review of the Literature
Description of STEMLiMS in the PERG (our evaluation team) newsletter: